Önder Algedik has 25 years of business development, project management, consultancy expertise. Algedik graduated from Middle East Technical University as a mechanical engineer and started his career as a business development expert in defense sector. He worked as a project manager in communication and energy sector. As a site project manager, he managed 1600 MW of combined cycle power plant construction in Qatar. He managed HS Energy and provided consultancy including wind modeling & pre-feasibility study for totally 4 000 MW of wind power project.
Algedik has been working in the field of energy and climate since 2009. He provided consultancy to RENA countries to prepare submissions of National Inventory Reports in the framework of the MMD for the project of European Commission DG Environment. He provided expertise to the study of World Bank- Institutional Review of Energy Efficiency in Turkey project, GIZ –Renewable Energy in Turkey project, and EBRD -Supporting Sustainable Supply Chains for Bioenergy Investments in Turkey project .
He worked as a team leader of GFA consortium for the F Gas İn Turkey project and successfully passed Turkish first F-gas regulation.
He is the author of the study Turkish Climate Change Action Plan Assessment Report, Coal &Climate Change Reports and co-author of TGNA’S Role in Climate Change Policy.
Articles (in English):
- Climate change: Is a “U-turn” possible…
- –Climate Negotiations Without Turkey?
- Duvar English ( Weekly policy analysis)
Reports (in English):
- Climate Change Action Plan Assessment Report (2013)
- Institutional Review of Energy Efficiency in Turkey (2014)
- Financing Coal- High Carbon Arithmetic of Turkey(2015).
- Afşin-Elbistan Coal Power Plants Report (2015).
- TGNA’S Role in Climate Change Policy – Summary for Policymakers(2016)
- Electricity Production with Royalty Model: Climate Change with Royalty Model (May 2016)
- Coal & Climate Change 2016 (June 2016)
- Coal & Climate Change 2017 ( September 2017)