Önder Algedik has worked as a project manager, provided consultancy related to climate change and served as Secretary General for the Climate Platform. He has written numerous reports and conducted analyses in this area and is still working as a consultant for different projects. His articles are published regularly in the Green Economy website and Cumhuriyet newspaper’s energy supplement. Within the framework of the observer status of the Federation of Consumers Associations, he monitors international processes during the climate change negotiations.
Algedik provided consultancy to RENA countries to prepare submissions of National Inventory Reports in the framework of the MMD for the project of European Commission DG Environment. He provided expertise to the study of World Bank on Institutional Review of Energy Efficiency in Turkey. He is the author of the study Turkish Climate Change Action Plan Assessment Report and Financing Coal- High Carbon Arithmetic of Turkey.
He actively played role in the formation of Civil Society Climate Summit and management of the project supported by UNDP GEF-SGP executed by Global Balance Assoc. & Tüvik-Der. Algedik is currently working on different reports and providing consultancy to Strengthen the Role of the Turkish Parliament for the Improvement of National Climate Change Policy Project funded by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Articles (in English):
Reports (in English):
- Climate Change Action Plan Assessment Report (2013)
- Institutional Review of Energy Efficiency in Turkey (2014)
- Financing Coal- High Carbon Arithmetic of Turkey (2015).
- Afşin-Elbistan Coal Power Plants Report (2015).
- TGNA’S Role in Climate Change Policy – Summary for Policymakers (2016)
- Electricity Production with Royalty Model: Climate Change with Royalty Model (May 2016)
- Coal & Climate Change 2016 (June 2016)
- Coal & Climate Change 2017 ( September 2017)